About your existing product:
· What about your product is distinguishable by and important to the customer?
· What does the name of the company or product/service imply? Can it be branded?
· What does each item in your product line contribute to profits? To customer satisfaction?
· Are there any products or product features that are a high cost to you but contribute little to customer satisfaction?
· Are there any products or product features highly important to customers for whom our competitive performance is low?
· Are product designs conducive to efficient manufacturing processes?
· What would happen if you made your products more standardized? More customized?
· What is your company's attitude toward private labeling?
About your new products?
· Are there product line "gaps" that require new offerings?
· Are products getting late to market due to the lack of a "system" of product development?
· Do you have the tactical elements of a product launch in place prior to the launch?
· Do you incorporate life-cycle analyses into your new product planning?